House Support Worker
(Full-time, Relief, Evenings and Weekend Shifts)
The Circle of Eagles Lodge Society is seeking House Support Workers for its Healing Lodges (halfway houses). House Support Workers are responsible for the supervision of Indigenous Brother/Sisters who are reintegrating back into the community. Reporting to the House Manager(s) who report to the Chief Executive Officer, the House Support Worker is responsible for the following:
- Ability to work alone and within a team environment.
- Ability to supervise, empathize and possess good counseling techniques.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have a good knowledge of computer programs.
- Strong working knowledge of the Indigenous community and its resources to assist the Brothers and Sisters find the resources that will assist them as they make their way into the community.
- Possess a calm, non-judgmental attitude to the Brothers and Sisters served.
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures as set out by the Board of Directors to ensure safety of the community, the individuals living within the facility, staff and the agency.
- Ensure that reasonable and adequate supervision is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that the Brothers and Sisters are adhering to their parole conditions as set out by the Parole Board of Canada.
- Ensures that the Brothers and Sisters are abiding by the House rules and regulations as set out by the Board of Directors.
- Ability to maintain daily logs, reporting conduct and behavior of residents living within the facility.
- Ability to maintain the cleanliness and livability of the lodge to ensure that the needs of the individuals are met.
- Ability to cook nutritious appetizing meals following the Canada’s Food Guide recommendations for healthy living.
- Ability to respond to the needs of the individuals and a strong ability to maintain calm should emergency situations arise, i.e.: fire, medical, death, threatening behavior, etc.
- Ensure that positive communication is maintained between residents, guests, parole officers and staff.
- Able to work as part of the Case Management Team and able to supervise and ensure that the individual(s) assigned to him/her are following their release plans and intervention plans.
- Attend all mandatory staff and house meetings that are called by the House Managers.
Preference is given to persons of Indigenous descent. Persons with Diplomas and/or Certificates in Counseling are strongly encouraged to apply. Grade 12 and/or related experience in working in a community residential setting are also accepted. Candidates must have respect and strong knowledge of Aboriginal culture and traditions. Candidates must have a wellness plan in place and must be committed to balancing their medicine wheel.
Candidates should possess a strong working knowledge of the criminal justice system and Parole regulations, must have First Aid training, Food Safe, and a Class V Driver’s License.
Must be willing to undergo at least five training days per year and able to obtain their Enhanced Security Clearance with Corrections Services Canada.
Please send your resumes and handwritten cover letter by May 15, 2023 to or email:
Naa-na-himyis Brothers Healing Lodge
Anderson Lodge Healing Centre for Women
Circle of Eagles Lodge Society
Chief Executive Officer
Merv Thomas, CEO
6520 Salish Drive
Director of Operations
Download Job Posting - House Support Worker (pdf)